6/10/13

End of Term

During this term of Computers class, my proposal was to create a number of image edits using Photoshop. I set out in my proposal that I would make at least one picture with overly bright colors. My best example of that is in the bottom left photo of Filter Collage 1. I also made multiple pictures with false colors, such as the ones in Filter Collage 2 and False Color Leaf. The three photos I made by combining multiple shots were Flower Hand, Basketball Flower, and Alice in Wonderland. The one retouching picture was Leopard.

In this term, I learned a lot about color and image filters in Photoshop. I mostly used the multiple brush settings with the color of 0, 57, 153 in RGB. I also found distortion settings and lighting controls. Some of the more interesting filters I found were Outlines, Palette Knife, and Color Dodge, though they all were useful.

I learned a lot about the challenges of combining more than one photo throughout my work in Photoshop. The most difficult part is choosing photos with the same shadow directions, so they look like they could have gone together. Also, it is difficult to cut the edges of at least one photo so that it does not look pasted in and yet is not missing anything important. I did learn, however, that by adding one filter over the entire picture, the pieces can look more uniform.

Overall, I believe I completed the requirements I set out in my beginning proposal. I created the amounts of photos that I wanted to make, although the photo combinations were not quite as realistic as I would have hoped. I think I finally figured out how to blend them well in the last photo, where I used a dark filter over the entire image, but the previous ones were not quite as well put together.

I posted all of the photos that I have posted throughout the term on the sidebar of my blog, though they were not all of the photos I made. Others, that I did not like quite as much, are stored on my computer.